Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

I am participating in my first Secret Pal so here is my homework

The Questionnaire
Here are is the questionnaire for SP10. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Opal sock yarn, Merino and most lace yarns
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Cotton

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? 2 kneedle rolls, a zippered case and the Options storage case

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? My Grandmother taught me when I was 12 so its been almost 18 years.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no

5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla or any kind of "baked goods" smell, like pies or cookies.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Carmel with chocolate or chocolate covered pretzles or chocolate covered crackers

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I just got the book Spin to Knit, but have only just begun to read it, no spindle or anything yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? pop and classic rock Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? yes (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Purples, greens and blues. And pinks too. Bright turquoise and fushia's also. Any colors you just can't stand? not really

10. What is your family situation? Married with a 2 (Gage)and 4 year old (River) boys. Do you have any pets? Yes a Black lab named Sebastian, and 2 cats Suzie and Sweet Pea

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of them except mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? baby blankets, lacy shawls or stoles, and now socks. Lots of lace stuff...doilies too!

13. What are you knitting right now? A Heartstrings shawl.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? of course :) they are treasured

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? mostly circs I just got the options set and love it. But I do like to use the short straight needles for scarves and things but I only have sz 10's so far. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? aluminum or sleek surfaces

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Coming up on 10 months!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Forth of July

19. Is there anything that you collect? Pill boxes I ahve wanted to start collecting little sheep, but haven't yet, hehe

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Book- a Treasury of Magical Knitting, I got the 2nd treasury for Christmas and now I want the origional. I am also waiting to get my hands on the Schaefer Anne yarn in the model from the Scottich Lace Thistle.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Knit1, I like Interweave press, and Vouge Knitting

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes! fair Isle using slip sts

22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes! But I am a newbie only 2 pairs so far! I am waiting to get a chance to get the knit picks size 0's 32 in circ before I start my next sock project. What are your foot measurements? I wear a sz 8 1/2 I', 9 1/4 inches long from heal to toe and 7 3/4 in around widest part of foot.

23. When is your birthday? On March 30th..I'll be 30!

No comments: