Tuesday, April 17, 2007

2 gifts OTN


Originally I was working on these for my secret pal spoilee, but then once I started them and tried it on they seem pretty snug, and perfectly fit for me which made me wonder how it would fit her if I have no idea what she looks like much less the size of her fingers. So I decided to keep these for myself and made her something from the book I gave her instead, a muffler scarf in which size didn't matter. But its mate has to be put on hold while I knit up a couple gifts.

The first of which is a hat with the team name "Vikings" on it. Our neighbor was recently diagnosed with cancer...thank God a very treatable kind. He is a Football Minnesota Vikings fanatic so I picked up some Red Heart wool in purple and some yellow for the letters and started to think out how to graph the lettering. I think I'll do just a basic 1x1 rib with a flipped up brim where I can have the Vikings name. I suppose the brim will have to be st st to look right for the lettering. I'm going to swatch that up tonight.

The second is one of my own Blanket Bears for my Cousin Dawn in Florida who had her second baby girl yesterday. For the longest time I have been meaning to actually write this pattern out and put it up on my blog to share with anyone who wants it so I think I may actually do that this time. Now that I finally finalized and perfected the pattern....it only took me 2 years, and everyone I know who had a baby getting a different prototype. Its a great stash buster and cute gift. Usually I give this along with a full size blanket but I know my Grandmother has already taken care of that for all her grandchildren!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. How could you possibly give them away?

Ssh...We're still being secretive. SP10